Remind me never to drink white wine again.
It seems that, whenever I drink white wine, I have a restless night and a heavy head. It happened last night (I had two glasses of an Italian pinot grigiot). This does not happen when I drink red wine. But 20 years ago or so, the situation was reversed. White was my wine color of choice and I shied away from red, for the same reason I want to shy away today from white.
So I am trying to figure out what has changed. The possibilities are:
1. Nothing has changed. I just don’t remember 20+ years ago clearly.
2. The wines have changed.
3. My physiology has changed.
4. It is a matter of what you typically drink (i.e., if I started drinking white wine regularly and not red, I would find myself having trouble with red wines, but not white).
5. It is all psychological; nothing has changed at all.
6. Some, all, or none of the above.
And the answer is?