Here are the facts you should take into account in reaching your decision:
1. The reviews for Avatar say, pretty consistently, not so good plot, unbelievable technical accomplishments.
2. It is already the second most highly grossing film in history.
3. I have not spoken to anyone who regretted going to see it; one friend said it was the most amazing film he has ever seen.
4. I am very curious about the movie, to see what they have done, and how they have done it.
5. I do not generally like special effects/adventure movies.
6. For example, when everyone was praising Star Wars, I wanted to walk out of the theater (I only saw the first one).
7. For a second example, although I loved reading “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, I wanted to walk out of the theater (I only saw the first film).
8. For a third example, last night, 29 years after its initial release (believe it or not, 1981 was 29 years ago), I saw on DVD “Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark”. Boring, silly, boring, silly.
9. When I was 10 years old or so, I did love King Kong, and I like all of the Star Treks, and I did like E.T.
What do you think?