1. The years had not been a friend to this dwelling, but then again, it hadn’t been featured in House and Garden (except maybe as one of their “before” photos) to begin with.
2. “On a museum intern’s salary?”
3. The stairwell was enclosed with paneled wood.
4. He shouted at his old mother when she offered water.
5. I was going to wait until Sunday, but then I got thinking about it – how my wife sort of slants her week towards that day – so I decide to go up there Saturday morning.
6. “Anita’s regained consciousness, Mrs. Beecham,” Gretchen whispered.
7. Jade frowned and slipped her wine.
8. Siefert let his tape recorder do the work.
This make you want to read any of them?